University of Maryland Celebrates Opening of A. James Clark Hall
Tour state-of-the-art bioengineering facilities that will spark innovations in human health
Natifia Mullings , 301-405-3468 email@example.com
University of Maryland, state and local officials will gather to dedicate A. James Clark Hall, the university’s new engineering facility that will transform the region’s biotech corridor. Media will be able to tour the 184,000-square-foot building and see the state-of-the-art bioengineering facilities where students from one of the university’s fastest growing degree programs will spark innovations in human health. A. James Clark Hall will serve as a hub for new bioengineering partnerships and collaborations throughout the Baltimore-Washington region.
- Wallace D. Loh, President, University of Maryland
- Robert L. Caret, Chancellor, University System of Maryland
- Thomas V. Mike Miller, Jr., Maryland Senate President
- Maggie McIntosh, Chair of the Appropriations Committee, Maryland House of Delegates
- Courtney Clark Pastrick, Board Chair, A. James & Alice B. Clark Foundation
- Darryll Pines, Dean and Farvardin Professor, A. James Clark School of Engineering, University of Maryland
Friday, November 10, 2017
9:15 a.m. - building tour for media
10:30 a.m. - speaking program begins
A. James Clark Hall
8278 Paint Branch Dr.
College Park, MD 20742
Media must RSVP by Nov. 9 to secure nearby complimentary parking. General parking is available at the XFINITY Center.
Media will be required to show identification and credentials at the media check-in table prior to entering the event.
A mult-box audio feed will be available at the event.
Aerospace Engineering Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Civil and Environmental Engineering Electrical and Computer Engineering Fire Protection Engineering Materials Science and Engineering Mechanical Engineering
Civil and Environmental Engineering Aerospace Engineering Engineering
Follow @UMDRightNow on Twitter for news, UMD experts and campus updates