The first-of-its-kind summit will bring cybersecurity experts, senior policymakers and top researchers from the University of Maryland together to address cyber impacts beyond the technical— including societal risk, calculated response, and economic implications—and explore strategies for corporate level executives to pro-actively safeguard organizations in an evolving threat landscape. Topics include: cybersecurity communication and response; identifying complex attack surfaces; securing enterprise; supply chain risk; spycraft and solicitation; challenges and opportunities of IoT and cloud leveraging advanced analytics; organizational relationships and integrated risk; implementing practical and relevant security.
WHAT: University of Maryland Executive Cybersecurity Summit
WHERE: The Hotel at the University of Maryland
WHEN: Thursday & Friday, April 4-5, 2019. Programming to begin at 9 a.m.
- Wallace Loh, President, University of Maryland
- Rick Ledgett, Former Deputy Director, National Security Agency
- Grant Schneider, Federal Chief Information Security Officer and Senior Director of Cybersecurity Policy, National Security Council
- Jim Rosenthal, CEO, Blue Voyant
- Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger, U.S. House of Representatives
- Curt Dukes, Executive Vice President, Center for Internet Security
- Deborah Plunkett, Senior Fellow, Harvard Belfer Center; Former Director NSA Information Assurance Directorate
- Mary Ann Rankin, Senior Vice President and Provost, University of Maryland
- Researchers and faculty from the University of Maryland School of Public Policy, Computer Science, College of Journalism, School of Engineering, School of Information Studies and affiliated centers
Find the full list of speakers and summit agenda here.
Media interested in attending are requested to register with the Maryland Global Initiative for Cybersecurity (MaGIC), by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 202-258-8946.