Will Address Race, Politics and Reconciliation in Conversation with Campus Community.
As part of a year of campus-wide actions, dialogues and healing for the University of Maryland community, U.S. Rep. Anthony G. Brown (MD-04) will give remarks during the first week of classes on “Race, Politics and Reconciliation: A Conversation with Congressman Anthony G. Brown.” Congressman Brown will talk about the emerging national discourse on race, hate/bias incidents, campus climate and the path forward. He will be introduced by UMD student Ja'Nya Banks, the Student Government Association Director of Diversity & Inclusion, and will take questions following his remarks.
- Anthony G. Brown, United States Congressman from Maryland's 4th district
- Wallace D. Loh, President, University of Maryland
- Roger Worthington, Interim Associate Provost and Chief Diversity Officer, University of Maryland
- Ja'Nya Banks, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, University of Maryland Student Government Association
Thursday, August 31, 2017
- Doors open for guests: 3:30 p.m.
- Event: 4:00 p.m.
NOTE: Security requires that all media with video or still cameras must arrive for check-in and be set up by 3:15 p.m.
All additional media should arrive prior to the event start time of 4:00 p.m.
Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center
Dorothy D. & Nicholas Orem Alumni Hall
7801 Alumni Dr., College Park, MD 20742
Metered parking spaces are accessible at the nearby Stadium Drive and Union Lane garages.
Media will be required to show identification and credentials at the media check-in table outside of Orem Alumni Hall prior to entering the event.
A mult-box audio feed will be available at the event.