The city of College Park on Saturday will host its annual College Park Day, a fun- and information-filled event that brings together the community.
Held from noon to 6 p.m. at the College Park Aviation Museum and Airport, College Park Day features live music and performances, a kids zone with a dedicated family stage, Big Wheel and toilet bowl races, Latin music dance competition, food and drink vendors, free museum admission, helicopter and plane fly-in, and much more.
Additional performers and guests include:
- College Park Mayor Fazlul Kabir and City Council members.
- The Starlight Anthem, So Fetch, Black Masala and Laundry World on the Main Stage.
- Mad Science of D.C., Great Zucchini Magic Show, Bridgette Michael’s Children’s Music, Zig Zag the Kids’ Party Magician, and Silly Goose and Val Music and Ventriloquism, all on the Family Stage.
- Food by Taqueria Habanero, Virtual X Kitchen, Jas & Fam Caribbean Flavor, Cocineros, London Chippy, Catalyst Hot Dogs, Maria’s Kitchen, Kona Ice, Tatak Pinoy, Aunt Titty’s, Jet Set BBQ, Cakelady Desserts, Lameera Ice Cream and Thai Amity Kitchen.
- Beer and wine by Streetcar 82 Brewing Co., Denizens Brewing Co., Maryland Meadworks and Franklin’s Brewery.
- University of Maryland gymnastics group Gymkana, roving jugglers, mimes and clowns. Other kids’ activities include face painters, pumpkin painting, crafts and insect petting zoo.
- A public safety demonstration from Prince George’s County public safety crews, including fire, police and EMS.
- 40-plus community nonprofit, university, business and government agency exhibitors.
The museum is located at 1985 Corporal Frank Scott Drive. Free parking is available in area lots, including the College Park–UMD Metro station garage, and free shuttle service is available from there, the Regents Drive Garage (on campus) and City Hall. Bike racks will also be available at the event.
Media should RSVP to Ryna Quinones at 240-487-3508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.