Eighth annual College Park Day takes place on Saturday, October 7 at the College Park Aviation Museum and Airport.
The City of College Park will host its 8th annual College Park Day on Saturday, October 7 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the College Park Aviation Museum and Airport, located at 1985 Corporal Frank Scott Drive, College Park, MD. College Park Day, which celebrates the City, its residents and businesses, as well as local community groups and organizations, will include free admission to the College Park Aviation Museum and a wide variety of activities for everyone to enjoy.
Highlights for this year’s event include:
- Live Music and Performances – Live entertainment from several groups, including The Radiographers, The Unknowns, The Scotch Bonnets, Trio Caliente, Big Hoax, the University of Maryland’s Gymkana, will take place on two different performance stages.
- A Taste of College Park – Local eateries (Kapnos Taverna by Chef Mike Isabella, MilkBoy Arthouse, Fishnet, Potomac Pizza, Bagels ‘n Grinds, Heavenly Created Desserts, Bill’s Backyard BBQ and DC Empandas) will offer food and beverages throughout the event.
- Get your Fitness Groove On – Barre, ZOCA and Zumba group exercise lessons will be available on the Community Stage.
- Meet Police, Fire and Safety Crews – Local police, fire and EMS safety crews will participate in a community meet and greet, where a helicopter will be on display and fly out is scheduled.
- A Gigantic Kids Fun Zone – Fun for children of all ages, the Kids Fun Zone will include obstacle courses, a rock climbing wall, bounce house, crafts, face painting and more.
- Over 100 Exhibitors – Local exhibitors that represent City departments, local community groups and organizations, schools, and the University of Maryland departments
College Park Day will take place rain or shine. Parking and admission are free. For additional information, visit www.CollegeParkDay.org.